Life Strategies launched Webinar Wednesdays April 1, 2015 running a one-hour webinar each Wednesday over the course of a year. Webinars where offered in one of four topical streams, described below. Webinar recordings are available for purchase.
1. Career Development in Organizations
This webinar series focuses on fostering career development practices within organizations. Ideal for career practitioners who are working within HR or organization development divisions within organizations of all sizes.
- Creating a Career Development Culture (originally run April 1, 2015)
- Embed career development practices within your organization to strengthen engagement. Learn how to get started.
- Let's CHAT! (originally run May 6, 2015)
- Learn how to easily implement the Communication, Help, Appreciate, and Take Action coaching model within your organization
- Maximizing Career Engagement (originally run June 10, 2015)
- Learn how to maximize the Career Engagement of your employees for more productive and engaged workers.
- Diversity at Work (originally run August 5, 2015)
- We bring our diverse selves to work. Workplaces that value and appreciate this complexity can reap the benefits.
- Leadership Lessons for Transformational Times (originally run Sept 23, 2015)
- Strong leadership is required in times of change/transition. Are you ready?
- October 21, 2015: Creating a Sustainable Workforce
- Move beyond work-life balance; take a holistic approach to create employee health and wellbeing through sustainability practices.
- Career Conversations for Managers (originally run November 25, 2015)
- Many managers are tasked with having career conversations geared at helping to keep employees happy, engaged, and productive. Yet, too often managers aren’t equipped with this skill. Explore components of career conversations and be introduced to models that may help ensure these conversations happen.
- Outplacement and Career Transition (originally run January 6, 2016)
- From employers designing services to consultants offering them, Explore both sides of outplacement and career transition work.
- Performance Management vs. Career Development (originally run February 3, 2016)
- Explore the differences and similarities between managing performance and supporting career goals. Understand when to integrate, and when to separate these types of conversations.
- Strategic Recruitment (originally run March 16, 2016)
- Recruitment, screening, and hiring can result in huge costs to organizations, especially if ultimately the wrong person is hired. Explore recruitment strategies geared at maximizing hiring success.
2. Thoughts on Theories
This series will explore theories and models career practitioners can embed in their practice. A great supplement to foundational theories training.
- Thoughts on Theories 1: Career Engagement (originally run April 8, 2015)
- We'll begin Thoughts on Theories series with exploration of career engagement - a dynamic interaction of challenge/capacity.
- Thoughts on Theories 2: 10 Key Concepts in Career Theory (originally run May 13, 2015)
- From matching and developmental to theories of change and chance, this webinar highlights the theories most relevant to career development.
- Thoughts on Theories 3: Theories of Change and Chance (originally run June 24, 2015)
- This webinar will focus on the various theories and models of change and chance, including Happenstance Learning Theory and the Chaos Theory of Careers.
- Thoughts on Theories 4: Career Flow (originally run August 19, 2015)
- Learn how the hope-centred career flow model helps structure career reflections/conversations.
- Thoughts on Theories 5: Using Theory in Case Conceptualization (originally run September 30, 2015)
- Knowing about theories relevant to your practice is just the first step; it is also important to understand how to effectively use theory to support your practice. Join Roberta Neault and discover how to use theories to support case conceptualization.
- Thoughts on Theories 6: Culture Counts (originally run October 28, 2015)
- Explore several theories and models that facilitate recognizing and appreciating diversity.
- Thoughts on Theories 7:When is a Theory Not Quite a Theory? (originally run December 2, 2015)
- Working within a theoretical framework? Maybe not! Learn when a theory may not be a theory and why this distinction might be important to your practice.
- Thoughts on Theories 8: Exploring Constructionist and Constructivist Approaches (originally run January 13, 2016)
- Examine theories which address life/social context and help clients derive meaning from / construct their life stories.
- Thoughts on Theories 9: Systems Theories (originally run February 10, 2016)
- Individuals are embedded within complex and constantly changing systems. Explore relevant systems theories and how to incorporate them into your practice.
- Thoughts on Theories 10: Impact of Theory on Practice (originally run March 23, 2016)
- Theory shapes client interactions, selected interventions, and more. Yet many struggle to incorporate theory. Learn how theory impacts practice, and the impact of not starting from a theoretical approach.
3. Ethical Practice
Ethics provide the basis for our work as career practitioners but far too often aren't top of mind. This series is a great supplement to foundational ethics training going deeper to explore emerging ethical issues and dilemmas.
- Ethical Practice (originally run Apr 15, 2015)
- Ethical practice doesn't have to be dull or complicated. Explore 10 practical tips to guide your ethical practice.
- Ethics and Social Media (originally run May 20, 2015)
- Do you know what your ethical code says about social media? Learn some ethical essentials to guide your practice.
- Do You Have to Be One to Help One? (originally run July 8, 2015)
- Consider whether or not "matching" is necessary to understanding experiences of diverse clients.
- Ethics of Advocacy (originally run September 9, 2015)
- Is client advocacy appropriate in your role? Learn what our professional codes of ethics say.
- Exploring Relevant Ethical Codes (originally run October 7, 2015)
- Review, compare, and contrast ethical codes that guide the work of career practitioners.
- Let's Talk Ethical Dilemmas (originally run November 4, 2015)
- Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil? No! Avoid ethical dilemmas through open discussion.
- Ethical Practice in Rural and Remote Communities (originally run December 9, 2015)
- Explore the unique challenges workers in smaller communities face, which ethical principles you may need to privilege, and the impact on clients
- The Ethics of Informed Consent and Release of Information (originally run January 20, 2016)
- Do your existing informed consent and release forms cover all they need to? Explore best practices in designing these forms, and in introducing them to clients.
- Monitoring Ethical Practice (originally run February 17, 2016)
- Explore who is really monitoring ethical practice, within career development and beyond. Consider whether ethical codes have any “teeth” if practice is going unmonitored.
- Certification and Regulation of Career Practice (originally run March 30, 2016)
- Career practitioner certification is expanding throughout Canada and many other regions. Learn about various certification initiatives and increase your understand of certification vs. regulation.
4. Assessment Tools, Models, and Processes
This series will help demystify assessment through an exploration of tools, models, and processes. Ideal for career practitioners who are seeking to further develop their assessment skills.
- Personality (originally run April 29, 2015)
- Go beyond the MBTI. Learn what personality assessment tools are out there and how they can help your clients
- Interests (originally run May 27, 2015)
- Go beyond the SII. Learn what interest assessment tools are available and how they can help your clients.
- Values (originally run July 15, 2015)
- Learn what values assessment tools are available and why values play an important role in our career decision making.
- Skills (originally run September 16, 2015)
- Not sure how to assess for skills? Learn what assessment tools we'd recommend and why.
- Using “Tests” in Employee Screening/Development (originally run October 14, 2015)
- Learn about testing in organizations. We’ll introduce some favourites & discuss what to avoid.
- Explore Test Suppliers and Qualifications (originally run November 18, 2015)
- Learn about some of the Canadian suppliers, their tests, and how they assess your qualifications.
- Assessments for Stress and Wellness (originally run December 16, 2015)
- Explore the wide range of assessment tools for assessing factors like stress management, coping skills, and quality of life.
- 10 Tips for Selecting Assessments (originally run January 27, 2016)
- There are 1000s of tools available. In this session we share 10 key tips to help you decide which assessment tools to use, which ones to avoid, and why.
- Identifying Themes and Patterns Across Assessment Results (originally run February 24, 2016)
- Learn how to identify the themes and patterns that emerge across results and provide an integrated interpretation. Understand why differences can emerge and how to explore them with clients.
- Integrating Assessment Results into Career Conversations (originally run April 6, 2016)
- The tests have been taken, reports read, and themes/patterns identified. Next is engaging in meaningful career conversations; this webinar will show you how.
Purchase one webinar for $25.00, five for $100.00, or sign-up for an annual subscription for one series (10 webinars for $150) or all four series (40 webinars for $500.00).
These webinars will be a great way to fit professional development into your life "off the side of your desk" and stay connected with the career development community.
Email email@example.com for details or our online store to register: https://www.lifestrategies.ca/store.